[Asterisk-Dev] [Bounty] IPv6 support in Asterisk

Ronald van der Pol Ronald.vanderPol at rvdp.org
Wed Jun 1 00:04:11 MST 2005

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 13:55:33 +0200, Olle E. Johansson wrote:

> I still think there will be a lot of IPv4 only ISPs and clients out
> there, so a gateway/migration strategy has to exist, even if us techies
> can handle all of the tunneling and other tricks...

There is consensus within the IETF that the best migration strategy
is dual stack. Introduce IPv6 by making your equipment dual stack.
If the other side can talk IPv6, use it. If the other side supports
IPv4 only, use IPv4. When more and more systems get IPv6 aware, more
and more traffic will go via IPv6.

	rvdp