[Asterisk-Dev] Raw E1 capture

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Jul 27 07:12:55 MST 2005

Michael Beukman wrote:

> So its very important that I capture the E1 raw.
>
> Is this possible, and could you point me in the right direction?

To put it simply, no. Since the TE110P is a _channelized_ card, you
cannot receive the raw stream from the E1 via that card. You can receive
the raw contents of each channel, but you would have to synchronize them
in your storage system yourself, which would be non-trivial. Using a
TE110P card for E1 physical layer protocol analysis would not be a good
choice :-(

If you really need the raw bit-stream from the E1, you need an
unchannelized card, or a CSU/DSU and a V.35 interface that will let you
see the whole stream (minus the clocking channel, of course).