[Asterisk-Dev] DTMF Pass through (Transparently)

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Jul 26 05:39:25 MST 2005

Chris Lee wrote:

> It may have been me, I have asked about similar features before, though
> I think on -users. My app does not require exact timing though it does
> use the approximate length of a DTMF tone to adjust pump speeds (2 =
> faster, 8 = slower).
> Makes site visit engineers jobs easier and gives a paper trail of who
> did what when.

As best we can tell, unless you have a VPM module on a TE4XXP board, it
should _already_ be working this way for Zap<->Zap bridges. In that
case, DTMF processing is completely bypassed, and it's left in the audio
stream untouched.

Is your environment involving something other than Zap<->Zap bridges?