[Asterisk-Dev] DTMF Pass through (Transparently)

Chris Lee cslee-list at cybericom.co.uk
Tue Jul 26 03:05:38 MST 2005

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Ronald Hartmann wrote:
>
>> I have an application where DTMF Signalling must be received
>> exactly the same way it was transmitted.
>

> In what environment? Zap<->Zap? Zap<->SIP? ???
>
>> The problem is that asterisk is listening and then when it hears
>> DTMF it retransmits the DTMF.  Is it possible             To get
>> the DTMF to be transparently passed through?  If not are any of you
>> able or willing to offer your expertise for hire?
>

> Anything is possible, but may be completely impractical. Also, as
> already mentioned in the previous thread where this was brought up
> (was that you?), most digital PBXes don't generate predictable DTMF
> timing either.
It may have been me, I have asked about similar features before, though
I think on -users. My app does not require exact timing though it does
use the approximate length of a DTMF tone to adjust pump speeds (2 =
faster, 8 = slower).
Makes site visit engineers jobs easier and gives a paper trail of who
did what when.

Chris.