[Asterisk-Dev] ZTdummy/RTC and genrtc/rtc

asterisk at ntplx.net asterisk at ntplx.net
Mon Jul 25 13:36:51 MST 2005

The RTC patch for ZTdummy works MUCH better than the USB hack before.
(USB timing cause meetme to be useless after about 5 minutes)

We use debian with kernel 2.6.8 and it loads "genrtc" by default.
The new RTC version of ZTdummy will not work with the "genrtc" module
and onlt the "rtc" module. I can unload genrtc and load rtc, then it works.

I have read that the rtc module is broken for some applications and
that genrtc should be used. Why won't ztdummy work with genrtc?
Is rtc really broken?

I see a good working ztdummy (or the normal digium hardware that has
always worked for timing) as a key part of not relying on incoming rtp to
schedule outgoing packets (at some time in the near future)...

RTC/ztdummy information, for thoes that have not seen it:
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=4301

  Andrew