[Asterisk-Dev] DTMF Pass through (Transparently)

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Mon Jul 25 08:23:57 MST 2005

Ronald Hartmann wrote:

> Good Day Developers,
>

>             Thanks for all you do for asterisk.
>

>             I am desperately seeking your advise on DTMF Passthrough.
>

>             I have an application where DTMF Signalling must be
> received exactly the same way it was transmitted.

Then your application is pretty well broken. *Many* things do not pass
DTMF with the original timing - cellular networks, many digital
keysystems, etc.

>              The problem is that asterisk is listening and then when
> it hears DTMF it retransmits the DTMF.  Is it possible
>
>             To get the DTMF to be transparently passed through?  If
> not are any of you able or willing to offer your expertise for hire?

If you use u-law or A-law, and don't have problems with dropped packets,
you can pass the DTMF transparently. It won't work with lower bit rate
codecs, though. No consulting can fix that.

Regards,
Steve