[Asterisk-Dev] sip messaging (tested on eyeBeam) support

Juraj Bednar jooray at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 04:09:20 MST 2005

Hello,

> Are you going to submit this to Mantis (http://bugs.digium.com/)?

no, as Ole mentions, it is a hack. Which means, that it works with SIP
devices only
(i.e. you can't send text messages to different channels). For
routing, it uses presence
hints.

> Have you signed a disclaimer?  This would be very useful in addition
> to Olle's patches.

No, I did not. No problem with disclaimer, but I don't believe this
should go to CVS.

> I'd also suggest that you create a patch to the Makefile that runs
> chan_sip_queue_init.sh based on a conditional ("Is there already a
> sip message queue?  If not, create one.") so that there are no
> additional instructions or hidden options required when the user
> compiles.  Perhaps a general flag in the Makefile to turn on/off
> SIMPLE support, which would then trigger the check (and possible
> creation) of the queuing database.

should be no problem, I'll look at it later. But again, it's a hack,
that should be remembered.

  Juraj.