[Asterisk-Dev] How to use PHP to monitor manager output

Mon Jul 25 00:34:28 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 07:17 +0000, Obelix wrote:
> I want to use PHP to monitor the * Manager output.
>
> I have tried a PHP script, and I realise that compared with using a forwarded
> SSH terminal, the events arrived slowly in PHP. The PHP output screen could be
> idle for many of seconds, then a number of events would arrive in a batch,
> whereas in the SSH session the events appeared more or less in realtime.

You need to ask PHP to not buffer the input for you. I'm not sure of the
exact syntax, but look for things like "php open unbuffered" etc..

PS, I think there is some PHP class or functions specifically written
for asterisk manager API, look on the wiki, either you should find an
answer you can borrow from their code, or else you might find a lot of
your work is already done.

Hope that helps somehow...
Regards,
Adam