[Asterisk-Dev] Problems with E1 receiving Calls.

Steve Murphy murf at e-tools.com
Fri Jul 15 08:57:30 MST 2005

Alex--

This isn't so much a "Developer" issue, as it is a "user" issue, so
any more discussion on this would be more appropriate on the asterisk-user
list.

Firstly, I don't see a context for "incoming" vs. "outgoing" calls.

When somebody picks up an extension, they should be in one context,
and when somebody dials in, they should be in a different context.
I don't see how the same context could possibly serve both sides.

I say this because I see that the localip context includes the
outside context...

That means both have a 'start' extension, which dials automatically
thru the zap/g1 interface. What number is being dialed, I don't know,
but this is most likely what is happening to outside calls. The 's'
extension is causing an outgoing call automatically.

Rethink your extensions and try other attacks. You'll get it.

murf

> Hi
>
> I install a E1 Card, and we can Make calls outside with no problems.
>
> The problem is we cannot receive calls from Outside.
>
> 1. Asterisk receive the Call, After that Asterisk send the call to the
> Telco, and the TElco again send the call to Asterisk, Then
> Asterisk again send the Call to the Telco. (this is a Loop).
> Finally, from the Outside we get a Busy Tone.
>

> My configurations is:
>
> zaptel.conf
> ----------------
> span 1,0,0,ccs,hdb3
> bchan=1-15,17-31
> dchan=16
> fxoks=32-35
> fxoks=36-39
> fxsks=40-43
> fxsks=44-47
> loadzone=us
> defaultzone=us
>
> zapata.conf
> -----------------------
> [channels]
> language=en
> context=outside
> switchtype=euroisdn
> overlapdial=no
> signalling=pri_cpe
> group=1
> channel=1-15
> channel=17-31
> group=2
> signalling=fxo_ks
> context=localip
> usercallerid=yes
> cidstart=ring
> hidecallerid=no
> callwaiting=yes
> usecallingpres=yes
> callwaitingcallerid=yes
> transfer=yes
> canpark=yes
> cancallforward=yes
> echocancel=yes
> echocancelwhenbridged=yes
> echotraining=yes
> echotraining=800
> rxgain=0.0
> txgain=0.0
> callgroup=1
> pickupgroup=1
> inmediate=no
> group=3
> context=outside
> signalling=fxs_ks
> channel=40-43
> sigannaling=fxs_ks
> group=4
> channel=44-47
>
> extensions.conf
> ---------------------------
> [general]
> static=yes
> writeprotect=no
> autofallthrough=yes
> clearglobalvars=no
>
> [localip]
> exten => 3000,1,Dial(Zap/32)
> exten => 3001,1,Dial(Zap/33)
> exten => 2001,1,Dial(Sip/2001)
> exten => 4000,1,Dial(Zap/36)
> exten => 101,1,Dial(Zap/g4/${EXTEN})
> include => outside
> [outside]
> exten => s,1,Dial(Zap/g2,20)
> exten => _XXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN})
> [...]

murf:   Steve Murphy,
CTO & VP Technology

         57 Lane 17               Electronic Tools Company
         Cody,Wyoming             work & home:
         82414-9688                          (307)754-5675
             email: murf at e-tools.com