[Asterisk-Dev] Re: Asterisk-Dev Digest, Vol 12, Issue 17

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Jul 9 07:53:31 MST 2005

Hi

On Sat, Jul 09, 2005 at 07:25:45AM +0000, amishra at techroutes.com wrote:

A number of notes:

1. this is a -users questions. Again, sorry for answering this,
everybody. Confused lists, I guess.

2. Please quote only relevant parts. You message did not even preserve
the original subject, so no automatic threading is possible. And you
give the readers no easy way to see the context: the have to read the
whole digest to figure exactly which message was relevant.

Do take the extra time to edit your message so the readers will not
spend unnecessary time parsing it. This just increases the chance of
them giving up and moving on to the next message.

Anyway, as I replied, see a trivial follow-up below. Do take this to
-users, though.

> When I execute asterisk using " asterisk -vvvvc " I find :
>
> [chan_sip.so] => (Session Initiation Protocol (SIP))
>   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/sip.conf': Found
> Jul  9 17:46:55 WARNING[1975]: config.c:579 cfg_process: parse error: No category
> context for line 31 of sip.conf
> Jul  9 17:46:55 NOTICE[1975]: chan_sip.c:8637 reload_config: Unable to load
> config sip.conf, SIP disabled

Hmm, why don't you have a look at line 31 of /etc/asterisk/sip.conf or
somewhere in the neighbourhood?

To save ou the trouble:

vi +31 /etc/asterisk/sip.conf

--
Tzafrir Cohen     icq#16849755  +972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com