[Asterisk-Dev] gnu-tls

Derek Smithies derek at indranet.co.nz
Fri Jul 8 16:12:46 MST 2005

HI,

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> "opeh323" and "compile real fast" in the same sentense? That's funny.

Exactly, real fast.
Since the openh323 libraries build into a separate application (woomera)
you do not link the openh323 libs to asterisk.
Thus, build woomera, install, and set the woomera h323 daemon running.

Then, when compiling asterisk, to get h323 functionality, you just link to
the chan_woomera from anthm.  Rebuild asterisk to try new code? no trouble
- you are just linking to anthm's code. Which sounds fast to me.

> I'll try one of my own:
>
>   An alternative to the openh323-based asterisk channels is
> 	chan_ooh323c, as the whole ooh323c compile resl fast and does not
> 	suffer from silly licensing issues (IMHO).

I am not so sure. A colleague set up the chan_ooh323c code in an asterisk
conference, and I made a call to it. Unfortunately, my h323 client
(ohphone, which was set to use fast start and h245 tunnelling - which are
the default settings) crashed the conference. Apparently chan_ooh323c code
suffers (it did then) from not working with fast start.  I do hope this
issue has been (or can be) resolved.

Derek.
--
Derek Smithies Ph.D.