[Asterisk-Dev] codec coding docs needed

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 08:56:45 MST 2005

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 09:01:20 -0500 (EST), Andrew Lindh
<asterisk at ntplx.net> wrote:

> Are there any docs on the codecs procedures/functions to inteface with
> asterisk? I'm looking for some information on what's called by asterisk,
> what it needs (parameters) and what it should do.
>
> I thougt would be easier to ask for docs than just read codec_g726.c.....

I'm going to say that its probably not easier to just ask for docs.
Documentation can be very hard to come by... but we're trying. For
now, the only way to know is to probably read the code.

> Is there a good asterisk internals document?

If you are able to contribute development documentation, check out
http://dev.asteriskdocs.org.

Thanks
Leif Madsen.
http://www.leifmadsen.com