[Asterisk-Dev] Re: is this a bug?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Jan 26 18:05:14 MST 2005

On January 26, 2005 07:48 pm, Michael Giagnocavo wrote:
> So your init.d script starts Asterisk with -c? Interesting.

Actually it does:

su - root -c '/usr/bin/screen -d -m /usr/sbin/asterisk -vvvvvvvvgc'

As I said though since I learned the true way I will be starting it fully
backgrounded and then just use asterisk -rc to get at the CLI.

> I think anyone who has written and debugged apps or modules in Asterisk
> wouldn't think it a fringe case. It's very useful. And again, this isn't
> harming anyone.

While I don't have the tenure that Matt has, I have done some asterisk
development, and plan on doing a lot more.  I have had no issue with
cursoring up and hittng enter to get "stop now" up on the CLI, but that's
just me.  :-)

-A.