[Asterisk-Dev] Changes in config.h/config_pvt.h?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Wed Jan 26 09:40:40 MST 2005

Matthew Boehm wrote:

> But recently, config_old.h was introduced which causes the following errors:
>
> /usr/include/asterisk/config_pvt.h:59: conflicting types for
> `ast_internal_load'
> /usr/include/asterisk/config_old.h:40: previous declaration of
> `ast_internal_load'

If you read the bugnotes where that code was introduced (bug 3406)
you'll understand what's going. If you're updating res_config_mysql,
there's also a first-crack update patch there, but it's not complete.
Instead, you need to look into the patch that was committed to HEAD, and
see how res_config_odbc was updated, and make the same changes to
res_config_mysql. I would have already done it, but I'm fighting an
illness at the moment.

If this is _not_ res_config_mysql related, then you need to figure out
how the new config-building APIs work; they are different from the old
ones, and the it's not just function name changes, there are behavior
changes as well. All of that is detailed in the bugnotes, though, so if
you are tracking/patching CVS HEAD you had better be reading
asterisk-cvs and reading the bugs you see that get committed, or you'll
rapidly fall behind :-)