[Asterisk-Dev] Re: is this a bug?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Jan 25 17:11:37 MST 2005

On January 25, 2005 06:00 pm, Edwin Groothuis wrote:
> It will still abort when somebody accidently presses ^C to get out
> of screen. Don't say it won't happen, has happened twice here in
> the last three months.

No I didn't say it wouldn't happen, I know it does.  I am saying that
Tilghman's attutude of "you know not what you're doing because you run
asterisk in an xterm so quit bitching about ^C" is wrong - Aside from
confusing -c with colour (yes this is embarassing) I *do* know what I'm
doing, I've been running asterisk for over a year now and put over 20k
minutes a month through my servers.

^C is being trapped and is exiting gracefully most of the time.  The OP did
not have that though, the OP had a segfault and a crash on ^C.  That's a bug.

-A.