OT: Re: [Asterisk-Dev] is this a bug?

Matt Gibson gibson at experthost.com
Tue Jan 25 15:06:12 MST 2005

Steve Kann wrote:
> asterisk as a foreground application except for testing, where not only
> will ^c cause it to go down, but so will the loss of the terminal (i.e.
> broken SSH connection, hungup serial line, or whatever your terminal is
> set up for).

On a sorta related note - would it be possible to add 'shell' to the
CLI, so it would be possible to spawn a new shell on exit?

This way if someone was in asterisk, and wanted to access a shell (and
not another vtty) they could type 'shell' or something similar, and be
presented with a shell, then type 'exit' in the shell to be returned to
the asterisk CLI.

Sort of like what Lftp does, by lettng you shell out to the system while
within the ftp program.

I'm not a coder and it's just an idea, but I thought I should run it by.

Matt

--
Matt Gibson
VOIP Administrator