[Asterisk-Dev] new Application LCDial

Brian West brian at bkw.org
Tue Jan 25 10:37:31 MST 2005

> While ODBC makes it easier to use any type of database I do not think
> that Asterisk itself prefers one over the other.  I believe that there
> is a realtime engine for using MySQL directlty.
>
> Checkout asterisk-addons:
>
> * Matthew Boehm <mboehm at cytelcom.com> - MySQL RealTime Driver Author
> *
> * res_config_mysql.c <mysql plugin for RealTime configuration engine >
>
> Just my 2 cents,

Yep but lets remind everyone to pick one or the other and not load both.  It
can cause issues that I have yet to have time to pin down.  I also must
point out that ODBC does perform quite well... you'll hit the hardware
limits of the box before you even come close to hitting 10% of the ODBC
capacity on the box.

bkw

For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord.