[Asterisk-Dev] MySQL SIP and Message Waiting Indication

kennu at swelcom.fi kennu at swelcom.fi
Mon Jan 24 07:43:30 MST 2005

Hi,

I'm using the MySQL feature in chan_sip.c which allows us to keep our user
database in MySQL.

I tried to enable Message Waiting Indication (with the SIP SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY
mechanism), but it seems to be incomplete when MySQL is used. The mailbox
field is not read from the database, and also do_monitor() is not generating
the NOTIFY events for MySQL peers (there's actually a comment that says so).

It's pretty easy to add the mailbox column to the database, but what about
the do_monitor() part? Can I just stick a SELECT in the middle there to
check and notify the peers, or will it cause problems? Should the database
selecting be done in a separate thread?

I wonder if anyone is already working on this? At least I didn't see
anything new in Asterisk 1.0.4 which I just installed.

--
Kenneth Falck, SWelcom Oy, Ludviginkatu 6-8, 00130 Helsinki, Finland
Private: kennu at iki.fi  Business: kennu at swelcom.fi  GSM: +358405103121