[Asterisk-Dev] Implementing Community voice mail using Asterisk

Brian C. Fertig brian at planet-telecom.com
Wed Jan 19 11:28:45 MST 2005

I don't consider myself an expert but I do know my stuff.   Here is the
breakdown for what you are asking, because EVERYONE has been in your
shoes at one point in time.

1.  If your looking for testing..  Anything.  I run my home PBX on a
Pent400 I think it is with 256MB ram.  Nothing more or less just does
its job.

2. Yes.  You can purchase VOIP origination/termination from many
companies.  I personally use VoipJet for outbound and VoicePulse for
inbound DID's.
How are you planning to interact with *?   Softphone?

3. Depends on your coding preference.  Personally I like php cause I can
do all kinds of crazy things with it.  But you can use ANY script or
compiled code with asterisk.
Use this URL this is where I started.

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20AGI

Brian Fertig