[Asterisk-Dev] FW: asterisk/doc CODING-GUIDELINES,1.4,1.5

Michael Giagnocavo mgg-digium at atrevido.net
Tue Jan 18 17:47:01 MST 2005

>In other words, generalizations like this are just that:
>generalizations. If you are writing code, you should be very aware of
>how it will operate in its likely environment, and what the compiler is
>going to do with the code you write when it gets optimized.

Yes, so why bother making guidelines that will most likely confuse people
who are likely to get confused? If there's a guideline like that, a novice
user might do who knows what kinda crap ("oh, I got 1GB of RAM, so I guess
I'll just alloc to my hearts content, rather than waste 1000 cycles!").

And I specifically didn't pick on the example <G> :)

-Michael