[Asterisk-Dev] FreeBSD hang up when exiting *

Kavit Munshi kavit at xolinc.com
Sat Jan 15 16:31:37 MST 2005

I am getting a very strange error on FreeBSD 5.3 STABLE. I am using
asterisk 1.0.3 and the zaptel-bsd drivers from the svn trunk. Asterisk
performs just fine. No issues whatsoever. The problem arises when I try
to exit asterisk in any fashion, stop now, stop when convenient, hitting
CTRL-C, using kill -9 or kill all; it freezes the entire operating
system over. Its like getting the blue screen of death on windows. No
keys work and I have to reset the machine manually.

Now the instresting bit is, after rebooting i examine the log files and
i get no log messages pertaining to a crash or any kernel messages which
give a clue.

This is really weird as asterisk performs very nicely and doesnt give
any issues with memory load or interrupts. It only has problems when you
try to exit it.

I will appreciate any help.

regards

Kavit