[Asterisk-Dev] Increasing reliability on lossy connections

Michael Giagnocavo mgg at Atrevido.net
Wed Jan 12 11:54:40 MST 2005

One ISP I'm forced to deal with usually has between 2% and 8% packet loss on
their lines. They claim this is how cable works. I'd like to ditch them, but
in Guatemala, they're actually not that bad, and I'm stuck with trying to
come up with a solution.

So, what I was thinking is that if duplicate IAX2 packets were sent, then
most packets would get there, at least once. IAX2 would discard the
duplicates, and things would work better, at double the bandwidth. I was
thinking about adding an iax.conf option to configure this per user.

Any comments?

-Michael