[Asterisk-Dev] Slightly Off-topic, but I would appreciate the feedback (SIP)

Kenneth Shaw ken at expitrans.com
Tue Jan 11 09:44:55 MST 2005

I'm looking to develop a SIP/IAX client for Asterisk for better
integration with a custom softphone application here. I will probably
open source it, if/when it is ever production ready.

I was wondering if anyone here has had much experience with open source
SIP or IAX libs, and any comments on them would be appreciated.

I was also thinking of stripping the corresponding code from Asterisk
and making a standalone library (libasterisk anyone?) for (primarily)
SIP, although I would not be opposed to using IAX on the softphone side.

I'm familiar with iaxcomm, osip, dissipate, etc. and I was seeking
further input (or other references to libraries).

Thanks!

--
Kenneth Shaw <ken at expitrans.com>
ExpiTrans, Inc.