[Asterisk-Dev] dependency on ASDI

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Tue Jan 11 08:02:24 MST 2005

Seems more like a dev question...

We are only going to be using only Cisco 79XX phones and Linksys PAP2NA's in
our residential/business deployment. AFAIK, neither of those are ASDI
capable.

I am attempting to trim down our primary asterisk server's resources by
removing modules that I know I will never use. One such is ASDI. Yet if I
noload asdi, asterisk won't start as it complains about no asdi resources
(primarily in voicemail).

any thoughts on this? even right now with no calls up res-asdi shows a usage
count of 1, again, even though we have no ASDI capable phones.

-Matthew