[Asterisk-Dev] [OT] Freshmaker - END of Thread

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Jan 10 16:26:00 MST 2005

> > I just chated with someone on the asterisk documentation
> > channel, and they explained to me that the wctdm stuff
> > is propiotary to Digium.
> >
> > This is something I did not know.
> >
> > So I am not going to persue trying to figure out that code anymore.
> >
> I'm not sure what you mean by proprietary.  wctdm.c does seem to have
> normal GPL type license headers.  Can anyone else comment on this?

I'd have to guess the person on the doc channel was actually saying
the TDM card was designed/manufactured by digium, and the drivers for
the card are specific for that card. In other words, its a proprietary
card and disecting the drivers have no value other then to understand
the code for that proprietary card.

I don't think they were suggesting the code was non-GPL. Obviously,
the comments at the top of wctdm say it is GPL.