[Asterisk-Dev] RFC: Moderating the Asterisk Mailing Lists

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Fri Jan 7 15:47:23 MST 2005

On Friday 07 January 2005 14:01, Gregory Junker wrote:
> > As a sidenote, and this is not meant as criticism since it's neither
> > my business nor do I really care, but of all open source projects
> > I've been following through the years, and I may say it's been quite
> > alot, I've never experienced so much talking about money as it happens
>
> Like I said in a reply to Andrew K, however, Asterisk was released by
> Mark to encourage the purchase of Digium hardware.

That's a nice story, but it has no basis in reality.  Mark started Digium
explicitly so he could continue working on Asterisk fulltime, not the other
way around.  In other words, Asterisk as an open source project predates
the establishment of Digium.  Those of us who remember Linux Support
Services (the precursor of Digium) can attest to this.

--
Tilghman