[Asterisk-Dev] RFC: Moderating the Asterisk Mailing Lists

Michael Giagnocavo mgg-digium at atrevido.net
Fri Jan 7 15:04:18 MST 2005

Would it help to use various newsgroups instead of one big mailing list?
i.e., digium.asterisk.users.zap, agi, etc.?

I worked a lot in the MSFT newsgroups for a while, and splitting up the
newsgroups seems to help, esp. when a single NG might be doing 1000+ posts a
day. The MS newsgroups are unmoderated, and have rather high volumes (15K to
45K a day for just the public newsgroups).

It could also be argued that NNTP clients are a bit better for handling high
volumes of posts, as most of them have tools to follow up/ignore/etc.
whereas mail clients don't always.

Just a thought,
-Michael