[Asterisk-Dev] RFC: Moderating the Asterisk Mailing Lists

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Jan 7 09:18:59 MST 2005

On January 7, 2005 10:51 am, Gregory Junker wrote:
> Thank you for pointing out exactly what is wrong (specifically, your
> attitude) with the majority of open-source projects.

While I agree that Alex's attitude is poor that is actually part of the beauty
of open source and why it makes people money.

If you don't want to deal with primadonnas and socially awkward hackers, find
yourself a consulting company to manage your asterisk installation.  They
possess the thick skin and ability to interact with the community; you'll get
a stable asterisk installation.

There are plenty of people here who possess tact and diplomacy.  You seem to
expect those qualities to be a requirement; they're not.

-A.