[Asterisk-Dev] RFC: Moderating the Asterisk Mailing Lists

alex at pilosoft.com alex at pilosoft.com
Fri Jan 7 08:27:14 MST 2005

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, Brian Wilkins wrote:

> I don't think the list is the problem, it's simple lack of good, solid
> documentation. Newbies will always have questions, but we can't blame
> them for asking when a lot of the information on the wiki is outdated,
Yes we can. Watch me.

> plus we don't even have a recent handbook published. Look at the mysql
> website (another open source project), they have loads of documentation
> and it is easily searchable.
a) MySQL was not always GPL

b) Not all of MySQL is GPL even now

c) They just have more money to spend on people who do not directly
contribute to the features. Documentation, while important to newbies, is
not as important to people who are used to Reading the Fine Source.

Thanks.

-alex