[Asterisk-Dev] RFC: Moderating the Asterisk Mailing Lists

Brian Wilkins brian at hcc.net
Fri Jan 7 03:42:03 MST 2005

If the project is ongoing, why are the docs on the www.asterisk.org website
outdated? The Asterisk Handbook: Second Draft was last published in March,
2003!

I don't think the list is the problem, it's simple lack of good, solid
documentation. Newbies will always have questions, but we can't blame them
for asking when a lot of the information on the wiki is outdated, plus we
don't even have a recent handbook published. Look at the mysql website
(another open source project), they have loads of documentation and it is
easily searchable.