[Asterisk-Dev] RFC: Moderating the Asterisk Mailing Lists

Derek Smithies derek at indranet.co.nz
Fri Jan 7 00:41:43 MST 2005

Hi,
 My turn.

It is pointless to design a solution when you don't know what the problem
is.
Like, of the emails to the -users list, what categories do they fall into?

dumb questions that are answered by the existing faq

dumb questions that should be answered by the faq (but are not answered)

reasonable questions that arose from a failure in the docs.

discussion topics. (some find this timewasting, others dont)

other categories

Once you know which is the biggest category, you can make the right moves
to cut this down to size.

There are already 7 lists at digium - how many more do you want ?

Derek.

 I suggest that the volume of emails may

--
Derek Smithies Ph.D.                           This PC runs pine on linux for email
IndraNet Technologies Ltd.                     If you find a virus apparently from me, it has