[Asterisk-Dev] RFC: Moderating the Asterisk Mailing Lists

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Thu Jan 6 17:47:08 MST 2005

Matt Riddell wrote:

> 2. This is really not a discussion of Asterisk code development.  (The
> more people post to -dev because of the signal to noise ratio, the worse
> the -dev list gets).

That's true, but we have no other mailing list to discuss these things
on at this time.

> 3. I kinda feel the system we have in place works the majority of the
> time.  When someone top-posts/html posts etc I (and probably others)
> send an off-list reply to the etiquitte violator informing them of their
> error. :-)  The only reason we changed to this was that people were sick
> of getting "don't send html emails" 10 times for every html mail :-)

And just as an example, Matt's own reply quoted Leif's entire message,
and added about 9 lines of content :-)

For what it's worth, I think this is a fine idea as proposed. I cannot
volunteer as a moderator, since I already spend too much time on IRC as
a bug marshal and developer...