[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk Maintenance Crew

Michael Sandee ms at zeelandnet.nl
Mon Jan 3 11:42:56 MST 2005

>Currently theres a discussion about having a weekly seminar-type
>conference call, where a member of the dev team hosts the call, and we
>go over a piece of the code line-by-line (while someone from the doc
>team adds documentation). That's looking pretty promising. The goal is
>to not only to create a comprehensive information resource for those
>looking to learn about the Asterisk code, but also to properly document
>the sources. That might go even faster if more than one group of
>developers/writers got involved. If we could get three developers and
>three documentors to commit an hour per week to this, we'd document a
>wealth of knowledge in no time flat.

Personally I would be interested in recordings of those conference
calls, they would be useful and might contain details that are not noted
by the documentation team... They could sometimes help when you are
really puzzled or lost in some piece of code. Often saves a large amount
of time instead of reading the code or the documentation.

I didn't fully follow this discussion, perhaps this is already done...?

Michael