[Asterisk-Dev] How do I go about contributing to Asterisk?

J.W.F. Thirion derik at molo.co.za
Mon Jan 3 08:10:03 MST 2005

Hi everyone,

I have written an additional function for Asterisk's res_agi module that
allows the streaming of audio to a FastAGI or AGI script. This allows one to
do speech recognition on the remote side (e.g. in an application server
implementing AGI over the network, i.e. FastAGI) by receiving the audio as
ASCII encoded bytes over the socket (or STDIN for normal AGI) rather than on
file descriptor 3, which isn't supported for FastAGI. It also allows one to
do interesting speech processing as the speech data can be received into a
buffer.

I may be missing it on the web sites, but how do I contribute this code to
the opensource community as I would like to get it included in future
releases of Asterisk? I have attached the patch for v. 1.0.3 of Asterisk to
this e-mail.

Kind regards,
J.W.F. Thirion (Dérik)
derik at molo.co.za
Molo Afrika Speech Technologies (Pty) Ltd