[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk Source Code Intensive - Proposal for Astricon

Jim Van Meggelen jim at vanmeggelen.ca
Mon Jan 3 00:21:40 MST 2005

Leif Madsen wrote:
> Originally posted in was RE: [Asterisk-Dev] Bug Tracker /
> Feature Requests (my take)
>
> On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 01:24:23 -0500, Jim Van Meggelen
> <jim at vanmeggelen.ca> wrote:
>> I'd truly love to get my head deeper into that stuff. Actually, when
>> you said ". . . this looks like our chance to get involved . . ." the
>> first thought that popped into my head was "yeah, we can document the
>> source code, like every good programmer should"
>
> Funny enough bkw mentioned the same thing tonight on the conference.
> I think going through and documenting the code would be a
> great way to learn it, and help to lower the learning curve
> for those who come after.
>
> Thanks,
> Leif Madsen.

Well, sign me up.

If some of the developers are willing to make time for a conference call
once a week and go through the source code line by line, I am willing do
document it (either the code itself, or asteriskdocs, or both).

At one or two hours per week, by Astricon Atlanta we might achieve a
lot.