[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk Source Code Intensive - Proposal for Astricon

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 00:11:48 MST 2005

And Jim Van Meggelen said in another thread:
> You know what, if we could pick an app and pick the brains of the dev
> team as to what it does, we could possibly have a weekly conference call
> of, say and hour or two, go through it line by line, and document the
> code as the minutes of the meeting. Nothing heavy, just a few lines per
> night - no more than an hour. Betcha we'd end up with an awesome amount
> of source code comments. Once started, it'll become much easier to
> maintain.

I think this is a fantastic idea.  Have someone "in the know" lead the
conference call, have someone dedicated to the actual writing of the
documentation (someone with fast typing skills), and the others would
participate in the conference either as silent observers or actively
speaking.  Certain people will obviously choose how to participate.

As Brian said... start at A and document to Zed.

Thanks,
Leif Madsen.
http://www.leifmadsen.com.