[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk Maintenance Crew

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 23:35:47 MST 2005

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 01:15:31 -0500 (EST), russelb at clemson.edu
<russelb at clemson.edu> wrote:
> I have seen a lot of people ask in #asterisk for a "to-do" list or help
> for how to get started with development, but I never had a good answer for
> them.  I'm hoping that we can come up with a way to provide an entrance
> point for aspiring Asterisk developers.

I think this would be a great portal to start including these types of people.

> If we were to maintain the list of feature requests, I'm not sure it would
> need to be that complicated.  I think a page of feature requests could be
> simple and wiki-style.  If someone were to want to tackle the
> implementation, the discussion could happen on this mailing list.

Hrmmmmm, interesting.  I'd like to see something a bit more structured
than a wiki page though.  Something that certain people could "sign
up" to work on the bug where people can submit a patch, and have
people test and submit comments much like happens in the bug tracker.
Although perhaps a wiki might not be a bad idea where once a patch was
created it just got submitted to the bug tracker... ?

> I appreciate your input.  Like I said in my original email, my first goal
> for this group is to help with maintaining the stable branch by porting
> patches.  I also think that there is a lot of potential for recruiting
> developers by providing a place with various options of ways to get
> started.

Well, I'd be quite interested in helping in any way I can.  Just let
me know what I can do to help!

> In that same spirit, I think having a page full of users' feature requests
> would fit right in.

Agreed.

The beginning of ADP^2? :)

Thanks,