[Asterisk-Dev] My current features/tweaks that need community involvement

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Sun Jan 2 22:10:45 MST 2005

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

> -1 from me.  What's wrong with Goto(m-done)?  (I'm talking about being abel to
> set labels and use them in CVS HEAD's extensions.conf parser)

There's nothing really wrong with that, other than an unnecessary
application being executed.

> I really, *really* like this one.  I'd like to be able to have variables
> defined in my #included files and have them available, and this patch allows
> that to happen (in a slightly different way than I had envisioned).  What's
> exactly keeping this one from making it in?

Mark and I discussed some stuff, and I'm going to slightly reimplement
it and change the syntax, so "defaults" is no longer a magic context
name. Instead the new syntax will be:

[new(old1,old2,old3]
var=value

This will mean create context "new", and supply defaults from "old1",
"old2" and "old3", in that order, before applying variables defined
directly in this context.

Should be ready later this week, so watch bug 3099 for updates.