[Asterisk-Dev] Features requests on bugs.digium.com

Michael Giagnocavo mgg-digium at atrevido.net
Sun Jan 2 15:18:55 MST 2005

>>This way, the really dumb or silly stuff just sinks to the bottom, while
>>issues that others find pressing are called out more prominently. This is
>>more of a 'front-end' for the public, not a Product Studio kind of thing,
>>but it'll definitely help. It's really doing some wonders on the current
>>in-progress Visual Studio, as it spreads out the work to the community.
>>

>This is where I begin to have a problem with it.  Rather than it sinking
>to the bottom, if it's not going to happen, why even let it sit there?
>Don't flame me either, but we have a good idea of what has a chance to
>make it in, and what will never happen.  Unfortunately, there are lots
>of requests, even some with patches and contributions, that will never
>make it into the tree.  Rather than let them sit at the bottom of the
>list, doing nothing but taking up space, they need to be dealt with, and
>currently, that way is to close them.

Well, the votes don't have anything to do with the resolution. I.e., you can
vote (AFAIK) on a closed, "won't fix", or "postponed" resolution. I didn't
mean to infer that the voting replaces resolutions. If they're closed, then
that's that. *But* at least A: they show up in searches and B: people can
still vote on them, and that'll help make it easier to review "closed"
(well, "postponed" or "won't fix" resolutions).

>Do you have a system that works like you stated that we can get into and
>play with all the way up to the administrative level?  Can't quite do
>that on the MSDN site ;)

Not that I know of :(. With ASP.NET it shouldn't be too hard to write it. If
anyone's interested...

-Michael