[Asterisk-Dev] Re: wcusb & 2.6

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Sat Jan 1 16:38:46 MST 2005

On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 11:57:09AM +0000, Jonathan McDowell wrote:
> > > I've been trying to get my FXS USB device running under 2.6; I
> > > thought this wouldn't be a problem given the existance of the
> > > driver in CVS, but have discovered that it refuses to load.

Further to all this, I present tjctl:

http://www.earth.li/~noodles/files/tjctl-0.0.1.tar.gz

Based heavily on the tjusb kernel module Andrey pointed me at, it lets
you use the Linux USB audio driver to present the FXS as an OSS device
and the userspace utility initialises it and can ring the phone and
report the onhook status. Still needs more bits done to it, but it at
least lets you know your hardware actually works.

Needs libusb to compile.

J.

--
29A - Hexidecimal of the beast!
This .sig brought to you by the letter Y and the number 49