[Asterisk-Dev] My current features/tweaks that need community involvement

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Sat Jan 1 09:02:46 MST 2005

In the spirit of trying to get some discussion moved back to this list,
here is the list of entries that I currently have open in Mantis that
are either features or tweaks. All of these have patches included and
have been well-tested on my own systems, so in my mind they are ready
for CVS. However, Mark will not merge them without input from other
community members as to their value.

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0003067
don't clone app_groupcount variables in ast_do_masquerade

If you are using app_groupcount (SetGroup and friends) to try to put
limits on your users' usage of resources, and you allow SIP transfers,
this patch is mandatory. Without it, after a SIP transfer, one of the
resulting channels will have _all_ the groups that were assigned to both
of the channels during the transfer, which is completely useless and
wrong (IMO).

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0003166
list macros don't need "type" specified

A small API change to the macros provided in "linkedlists.h", that uses
compiler-provided help to make the API easier to use.

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0003140
make AST_LIST_TRAVERSE safe against entry modification

Another API change (adds new macros) to "linkedlists.h", that provides a
TRAVERSE macro that does not break if you unlink, relink or otherwise
modify the current entry as you traverse the list. This change is needed
for bug 3067.

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0003024
remove need for voicemail-related symlinks in sounds directory

This makes app_voicemail no longer rely on the "voicemail" symlink being
present in the lib/sounds directory. The symlink is still created during
installation (so you can do Playback(voicemail/foo) if you want), but
app_voicemail no longer uses it. This patch has been well tested on my
systems, but I don't use ODBC vm storage and we need testers who do to
make sure the patch does not break their voicemail.

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0003045
add MacroExit application

This adds a new simple app, MacroExit. It's used to exit "early" from a
macro, without requiring the user to create a gap in the extension
priorities. The discussion in the bug has talked about just merging
Corydon's Gosub/Return apps instead, which I would prefer, but they are
languishing and are a bit more invasive. As a short-term solution, I'd
like to see this get in.

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0003020
allow contexts to be repeated in multiple files, so they add together
http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0003099
multi-layer, module-agnostic config file defaults

These two together add some very powerful capabilities to text-based
Asterisk configs. They give you the ability to provide defaults in _any_
config file (not just those that support globals), and you can make
nearly _any_ value be defaulted. Also, the defaults can be "stacked up"
in your include files, making it easy to override higher level defaults
in include files. These patches have made our configs drastically easier
to read and maintain, and less likely to get errors made when changes
are made.