[Asterisk-Dev] -user questions in -dev

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Feb 28 07:07:44 MST 2005

On February 28, 2005 09:03 am, Jerris, Michael MI wrote:
> What about moving Asterisk-dev to another mailman that can only be
> accessed if you create an account on mantis.  This may get rid of newbie
> folks who just sign up for every mailing list then post -user questions
> to dev.

Seems like a silly idea to me -- just use a cron job that unsubscribes anyone
who doesn't have a mantis account...  but again the # of questions on -dev
that should be on -users really isn't that extreme to warrant anything like
this, IMO.

I think the bigger problem is getting the people who are new to asterisk
pointed to the proper resources to learn from before posting to -users.

-A.