[Asterisk-Dev] dev conf topic: better CDRs

Chris Wade clwade at sparco.com
Thu Feb 24 10:08:16 MST 2005

James Middleton wrote:
> This actually sounds more like a CTI application then CDR. If going down
> that road, it would probably be beneficial if the data structure match the
> capabilities of TSAPI or JTAPI so that an actual CTI interface could be
> easily incorporated.
>
> Since this also seems like a number cruncher, I would suggest that it be
> structured as an API with the actual data offloaded to a separate server
> where data mining and archival storage will not impact the processing
> capacity of the PBX. Additionally, it would also open up the door to third
> party applications.
>
> Of course, I'm assuming that call control would be the long term goal and
> not just call reporting.
>
> Is there anyone else currently working any type of CTI interface that would
> include event notifications for call processing?
>
> James Middleton

You're talking the Asterisk Manager at this point.  It already does what
your talking about.  Kevin is talking about a revised CDR for POST
processing the call flow, call control already exists in the manager.
More detailed CDR's like Kevin is going after would allow better(more
accurate) billing and call accounting without having to increase the
load on the manager/manager proxy.  Anyway, just my $0.02.

-Chris