[Asterisk-Dev] dev conf topic: better CDRs

James Middleton james.middleton at comcast.net
Thu Feb 24 10:00:04 MST 2005

This actually sounds more like a CTI application then CDR. If going down
that road, it would probably be beneficial if the data structure match the
capabilities of TSAPI or JTAPI so that an actual CTI interface could be
easily incorporated.

Since this also seems like a number cruncher, I would suggest that it be
structured as an API with the actual data offloaded to a separate server
where data mining and archival storage will not impact the processing
capacity of the PBX. Additionally, it would also open up the door to third
party applications.

Of course, I'm assuming that call control would be the long term goal and
not just call reporting.

Is there anyone else currently working any type of CTI interface that would
include event notifications for call processing?

James Middleton