[Asterisk-Dev] Refined Voice CallerID Announce

Shawn L. Djernes shawn at djernes.org
Tue Feb 22 23:52:21 MST 2005

What about those of us who want the features and sound quality of a SIP or
IAX phone but can not see the display to read the caller ID?  I have been
looking for a way to have the Caller ID played to me before I get dropped
someone I may not want to talk to.  But have yet to see a way to get any app
but meatme to bridge the two channels of in progress calls.

I think the example shown should work but how do you bridge in the calling
party after hearing the caller ID info.

Shawn