[Asterisk-Dev] Refined Voice CallerID Announce

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Feb 22 23:43:03 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 21:27 -0800, Steve McMahon wrote:
> Refined Idea:
>
> Not like that. I want it to pronounce the First, Last name or whatever comes
> over the phone line so if it's AT&T Wireless or something it would say it
> then the phone number appended to it. Could be a handy applet to add to
> asterisk for people with cheaper phones that dont have caller id or old
> Comdial Systems.

Are there still people unwilling to spring the extra 50 cents to get
caller-id on a phone?

This isn't an applet. You are wanting to use festival to deal with the
fact that the caller-id text could be anything.

In fact if you put it together, I might have to play tricks on you
sending unpronounceable text in the caller-id.