[Asterisk-Dev] TE410P B-channel restart

CW_ASN cw_asn at fibertel.com.ar
Sun Feb 20 05:00:20 MST 2005

Peter Svensson wrote:

>On Sun, 20 Feb 2005, CW_ASN wrote:
>

>>>The spec (Q.931, page 45) clearly states otherwise:
>>>
>>>3.4.1 RESTART
>>>This message is sent by the user or network to request the recipient
>>>to restart (i.e. return to an idle condition) the indicated
>>>channel(s).  See Table 3-49.
>>>
>>>The table immediately following this explicitly shows that RESTART
>>>IEs may go in either direction, with the only exception being the
>>>Display IE (which is network-to-user only).
>>>

>>As implemented in class 5 switches using EuroISDN, the restart initiated
>>by cpe side is not allowed.
>>

>Interesting. What part of the stanard states that? From what I can see in
>EN 300 403-1 RESTART is allowed in both directions. Clause 5.5.1 in that
>standard states
>  "A RESTART message is sent by the network or user in order to return
>   channels or interfaces to the idle condition."
>
>We do not use the idle restart ourselves. It should not be needed and may
>do harm (is there a race where the remote end sends a SETUP at the same
>time Asterisk sends a RESTART?).
>
>Peter

I can say about implementations in latin america, in AXE10 and EWSD. In
those switches (and I think in the rest of switches) don't send restart
when are set as cpe. Maybe a national variants? Anyway, let me find the
software inplementation in those switches to send you a details.
The strict sense of restart is to assure the correct creation and idle
state of channels in both sides. At least I always saw that it is used
for this function.
I never saw a restart in busy channels (is a weird situation).

Gus