[Asterisk-Dev] TE410P B-channel restart

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Sun Feb 20 04:06:09 MST 2005

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005, CW_ASN wrote:

> >The spec (Q.931, page 45) clearly states otherwise:
> >
> >3.4.1 RESTART
> >This message is sent by the user or network to request the recipient
> >to restart (i.e. return to an idle condition) the indicated
> >channel(s).  See Table 3-49.
> >
> >The table immediately following this explicitly shows that RESTART
> >IEs may go in either direction, with the only exception being the
> >Display IE (which is network-to-user only).
> >
> As implemented in class 5 switches using EuroISDN, the restart initiated
> by cpe side is not allowed.

Interesting. What part of the stanard states that? From what I can see in
EN 300 403-1 RESTART is allowed in both directions. Clause 5.5.1 in that
standard states
  "A RESTART message is sent by the network or user in order to return
   channels or interfaces to the idle condition."

We do not use the idle restart ourselves. It should not be needed and may
do harm (is there a race where the remote end sends a SETUP at the same
time Asterisk sends a RESTART?).

Peter