[Asterisk-Dev] Zultys Paging - Found Solution!

Mathew McKernan mat at dwonline.com.au
Wed Feb 16 15:54:34 MST 2005

Hi all,

I was tinkering around with the Zultys ZIP2 and ZIP4x4 telephones. I
have successfully worked out the method required to make the paging
operation work.

I used an example Java program using RTP to transmit a G711u file
encoded with 8bit, 8000Hz to address 224.0.0.1, which is a multicast
destination, on port 3771.

What would be required in asterisk to write a application to open a
connection to the address of 224.0.0.1 on port 3771 and start a stream
of RTP data. My guess its almost the same as a SIP connection with out
all the sip negotiations?

Thanks

Mathew McKernan