[Asterisk-Dev] ENUM multiple records handling

Tue Feb 15 01:24:49 MST 2005

Conroy, Lawrence (SMTP) wrote:

> Hi Klaus, folks,
>
> I beg to differ.
>
> Your SIP proxy is no damn good if one of the NAPTRs is voice:X-iax2
> (or voice:X-skype :), so it's a dangerous to assume that SIP is the
> answer, now what was the question? In particular, I *strongly*
> disagree with the argument that one should only having a single entry
> in ENUM; this is poor advice.
>
> Check out +878108781087810 for example (I'll let you argue with him :).

I agree with you - the thing I wanted to say was: Just by using several
SIP NATPRs with different order does not imply that the caller will use
serial forking.

Thus, if I want to have serial forking to all my sip contacs in all
cases, I have to implement the logic inside an application (ser or
asterisk) and publish only one sip NAPTR which points to the
applications implementing the logic.

regards,
klaus